What is personal information?
What information do we collect from the people that visit our Site?
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you on the Site:
- to improve our Site, products, and services in order to better serve you;
- to better cater and market to our customers, as well as learn about purchasing habits;
- to respond to your customer service requests, comments and questions;
- to send periodic emails regarding our products and services;
- to follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- to communicate about our partners’ products and services;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- to link or combine user information with other personal information, we may also use your personal information:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save users’ preferences for future visits; and
- Compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Because each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s “Help Menu” to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your Site experience more efficient may not function properly or otherwise be available to you.
We may share your personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information if you opt-in to receiving your marketing materials. For example, you may let us share personal information with our partners and others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws or as permitted by laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may also share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including third-parties that provide services to us or on our behalf.
For example, we may share your personal information from time to time with our third-party information technology, data processing and call center service providers so that we may operate our business. As a result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored or disclosed in any jurisdiction in the United States and Canada and may potentially be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
Finally, we may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information outside of the situations detailed above, unless you consent otherwise.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We are dedicated to protect all information on the Site as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account. If you learn of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody, you should notify us immediately.
Changes to this Policy
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer. Please note that in some circumstances, withdrawing or changing your consent to certain uses of your personal information may affect: (i) our ability to provide you with the products or services you request; and (ii) your ability to access to this Site.
Kindly note that if you opt-out of receiving our marketing materials, we may still send you non-marketing emails (e.g. order confirmations).
Updating your personal information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to your personal information
Subject to applicable laws, you can review, verify or correct your personal information. Please contact our Privacy Officer for further details. Please note that any such communication must be in writing.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
LBS Holdings, Inc.